About Me

My photo
I am a math major hoping to become a high school math teacher sometime in the near future. I enjoy observing the lives of others and helping them in any way possible. Unfortunately, I am not omnipotent, so I can't see everyone or help everyone as much as I'd like to. There's nothing I love more than making people laugh and smile. Nothing else in the world makes me feel more valuable than my ability to give people a glimmer of happiness as often as I can. It's fun, it's easy, and I can do it anywhere!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

My PLN

For the past several weeks, I kept hearing Dr. Strange talk about PLNs. To be quite honest, I had NO idea what he was talking about until last week. Thank goodness I found out sooner than later. It's just a large networking web that connects you to a ton of other people to learn new stuff.

The target behind this particular PLN was education. At this point, my PLN consists only of instructors. However, there are many of those who tie me to other instructors who I have at least e-mailed if I don't know them personally at all. I have instructors who I am tied to on Facebook locally, however, my less local links, mainly from Houston, TX, I stay in contact with through e-mail. The instructors that I have networked with do not use Twitter unfortunately. However, I am not done with my networking yet.

1 comment:

  1. Here are some more suggestions:
    Beth Still suggests this Instant PLN to create a list of teachers to follow. Also you should read this NY Times article Getting the Most Out of Twitter

    And be sure you look at David and Jacki's new blog Mathis Gorski EDM310 Projects

    You also cannot afford to miss Jackie's own personal account of her PLN development The Evolution of My PLN - Initial Post

    It does take time! That's why I had to get you started NOW!

    ReplyDelete