About Me

My photo
I am a math major hoping to become a high school math teacher sometime in the near future. I enjoy observing the lives of others and helping them in any way possible. Unfortunately, I am not omnipotent, so I can't see everyone or help everyone as much as I'd like to. There's nothing I love more than making people laugh and smile. Nothing else in the world makes me feel more valuable than my ability to give people a glimmer of happiness as often as I can. It's fun, it's easy, and I can do it anywhere!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 12, 2010

ALEX



I am actually quite familiar with the Alabama Learning Exchange. I learned about it in Dr. Brenda Juarez's Education class. It's a very helpful tool used by teachers to create and organize their curriculum for the upcoming semester. I am quite looking forward to using this when I become an instructor. It should be make things a TON easier. It provides lesson plans for all grade levels. However, the most interesting part about the site is the search feature. All I did was type in one word, "Algebra." Which brought forth so many results, it crashed my browser. So that means one of two things, either that was quite the amount of results OR I have a disappointingly weak computer, or possibly both, considering I was using my mini. So, I restarted my computer completely in order to delete cookies and whatnot and opened ALEX back up on Firefox. This time, I decided I'd stay away from the Search window. Instead, I clicked on "Lesson Plans." I selected "mathematics" and clicked "9" for high school freshmen. I, then, selected "algebra," "algebra II-trig," and "algebra II." This time, it didn't quite crash the browser but it CERTAINLY slowed me down. I guess there are just so many things that they can provide us with. So many, in fact, that it looks like I will only be able to access it from a full sized laptop or a desktop. Apparently, this mini just isn't going to cut it.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha yeah...i don't think the mini will cut it either. But i agree, it's extremely helpful.

    ReplyDelete