About Me

My photo
I am a math major hoping to become a high school math teacher sometime in the near future. I enjoy observing the lives of others and helping them in any way possible. Unfortunately, I am not omnipotent, so I can't see everyone or help everyone as much as I'd like to. There's nothing I love more than making people laugh and smile. Nothing else in the world makes me feel more valuable than my ability to give people a glimmer of happiness as often as I can. It's fun, it's easy, and I can do it anywhere!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Survey

How Is Your Future Looking?

I wrote a Form that I titled "How Is Your Future Looking?" It is composed of a series of questions about each person's particular set of experiences, interests and goals, such as what grade area they wish to teach, their subject of focus, why they want to become teachers, what their hobbies are, etc. Then I ask them how they felt about EDM 310. Finally, I ask them if they feel that their experiences and interests will be applicable to their goals as teachers. Here is a link to the results.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akv28ZVoFYULdEt2ZnFGdG1rejZ6dndxaFE3S0FyNFE&hl=en

11 out of 21 people said that they wanted to teach Elementary school.
6 out of 21 have extra curricular activities.
10 out of 21 believe that they will go to graduate school after they receive their bachelor's.
14 out of 21 believe that they can use their hobbies to become better teachers.

These are just a few of the answers to a few of my questions. The rest can be viewed at the link above. Most of the questions are personalized questions. In the end, most of the students can and plan to use their life experiences and interests to become great teachers, and that if they are able to put what they love into their work, their futures are looking pretty good.

Oh, and 7 out of 21 prefer strawberry cupcakes, with Johnny Depp and ninjas tying for second at 2 a piece. No relevance whatsoever, but I thought it would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment